Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Organ - Custom release glitch.

Organ - Custom release glitch. 1 month 2 weeks ago #19

• csw900
  • Thank you received: 3
@ziya

I have learned a lot from this exercise so time has not been wasted.

Cross fading the looped releases works really well. My audio editor has an adjustable "Fade In" option and takes only a few moments to do. 100ms fade in is about right combined with 100ms fadeout. I now know that I am making my sound fonts by the best method and will get the highest possible sound quality.

You say you are adding a lot of reverb - You can also add reverb to proper releases - but if you do have good samples and get the releases right you do not need much, if any, reverb. A pipe organ always sounds better without artificial reverb.

Have you tried my organ eplayOrgan? - download and use it completely free from my website. It comes with some sound fonts but I now have the capability to make better ones myself.

csw900
csw900
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Organ - Custom release glitch. 1 month 2 weeks ago #20

• ziyametedemircan
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 27
I had tried ePlayOrgan before. It could also play Miditzer and some rolls as far as I can remember. But it requires a lot of tuning and I really don't want to mess with xml files. But I can definitely say that it is one of the best software for those who want to use it with a keyboard. Soundfonts usually interest me, as my work is usually related to sheet music, arrangement, composition and sequencer works.

I'm also a little apprehensive about using other soundfonts. More precisely, I want to have full knowledge of the thing I use and its construction. I have tried almost all the soundfonts on the market and found that almost 80% of them were either not properly tested or made incorrectly. Some of them did not have their attenuations set properly, some had problems with their parameters, and in others everything was messy etc.

Since I didn't want to specialize in detail on every soundont and didn't have time for it, I started making it myself.
At first there was Vienna (it only works with the Creative sound cards), then Viena came out and then Polyphone.
Especially the Polyphone is a godsend for those who do this stuff. And for those who can take the time to learn, I recommend making their own soundfonts. Whether what they're doing works or not, at least they'll learn a lot by working on it.

As for reverb: Not for applying reverb to samples or soundfont. But we need reverb to emulate ambient reverberation and echo in the final software we are working with (eg: Large Hall or Cathedral emulation). Otherwise, we will be left with some dry pipe sounds. This is what I meant.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Time to create page: 0.061 seconds