Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Some functions to implement

Some functions to implement 2 months 2 days ago #1

  • Orpheus Team
  • Orpheus Team's Avatar
  • Offline
  • New Member
  • Posts: 5
Hi! And thank you for awesome Polyphone. Since 2.2 it's just indispensable software for creating and editing sf2. I've been using polyphont for a year and can offer some functions which could be implemented in future.

First of all it would great to have Automatic tuner (in cents) for instruments. Many of source samples are often out of tune and handmade tuning sometimes takes a lot of time.

Second function is packet editing of parameters of chosen samples in instrument in Ranges mode. Why is it necessary? Sometimes is very comfortable to choose samples by layers or by range in range mode and change their values. But when I'm choosing in range mode just after switch to table mode my select resets. That would great to have some kind of right click menu for that (select samples -> right click -> change parameter).

Third function is to set root keys of instrument to samples. Some banks are made not exactly clean and break bank logic. One of those examples when root key of sample in "sample view" is not assigned (usually all samples assigned to one key) but the root key assigned in instrument correctly. Therefore sometimes we have troubles with bulk renaming by key (all samples receive one key suffix). It would great to have reverse back assigning of sample root key from instrument.

And the last. Bulk rename samples in instrument mode. Beacuse sometimes Instrument includes different samples, which is difficult to locate and rename.
Last Edit: 2 months 2 days ago by Orpheus Team.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Some functions to implement 2 months 2 days ago #2

  • Davy
  • Davy's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Administrator
  • Organ enthusiast and creator of Polyphone
  • Posts: 343
  • Thank you received: 83
Hello, thank you for your interest :-)
Radmir wrote:
First of all it would great to have Automatic tuner (in cents) for instruments. Many of source samples are often out of tune and handmade tuning sometimes takes a lot of time.

It's already done at the sample level but you want it at the instrument level to re-tune a bad configuration?
At the sample level this is the left arrow in the "Tuning" section.


Radmir wrote:
Second function is packet editing of parameters of chosen samples in instrument in Ranges mode. Why is it necessary? Sometimes is very comfortable to choose samples by layers or by range in range mode and change their values. But when I'm choosing in range mode just after switch to table mode my select resets. That would great to have some kind of right click menu for that (select samples -> right click -> change parameter).

Sounds like the "Key-based configuration" tool could be improved. You can already select a velocity range but for now the tool processes the whole key range. So maybe "Apply to a key range" could be added?


Radmir wrote:
Third function is to set root keys of instrument to samples. Some banks are made not exactly clean and break bank logic. One of those examples when root key of sample in "sample view" is not assigned (usually all samples assigned to one key) but the root key assigned in instrument correctly. Therefore sometimes we have troubles with bulk renaming by key (all samples receive one key suffix). It would great to have reverse back assigning of sample root key from instrument.

For this I could suggest improving the recently added line "Sample root key". This line could be editable and the corresponding samples would be edited?


Radmir wrote:
And the last. Bulk rename samples in instrument mode. Because sometimes Instrument includes different samples, which is difficult to locate and rename.

Good suggestion, I add this in the TODO list.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Orpheus Team

Some functions to implement 2 months 1 day ago #3

  • Orpheus Team
  • Orpheus Team's Avatar
  • Offline
  • New Member
  • Posts: 5
Thank you for your reply!
Yes, I actually haven't noticed the tuning function in sample! It's awesome!

As for "Range parameter" change I think Key-based is a bit different. I use it when I want to make e.g. smooth change of panorama or attenuation throught the whole keyboard. BTW this is just great function.. But sometimes I want to change attenuation manually e.g. on highest velosity samples. The easiest way to do that its just shift click needed layers and click change some parameter. But we don't have this function. I can see that Key based configuration possible to use for that, but you have to know exactly what velocities you need. Sometimes layers on instrument placed not symmetrically one higher, other lower. In this case we cannot use Key range but manual editing.

After I saw tuning section and understood what this little arrow does any tuning/root key questions closed. Thanx!

And the last what I forgot! Please add option for Bulk rename of L and R samples suffix and highest velocity index and intrument index prefix. That would be supergreat. I think the best mask for naming is:
065 AltoSax-L-С#1-127 where 065 is instrument number prefix AltoSax the name, L means it's left sample,C#1 - key (i think option for select key number or key name would useful) -127 means highest velocity for the sample in patch. The whole bank would look like:

065 AltoSax-L-С#1-127
065 AltoSax-R-С#1-127
065 AltoSax-L-E#1-80
065 AltoSax-R-E#1-80
065 AltoSax-L-A1-60
065 AltoSax-R-A1-60

This would work great with bulk rename in instrument section. Because now I have (I am sure the others too) the total mess in naming of samples.

Thank you for your work and best of luck! I will send my best in the world (I hope) GM bank to you as my little donation as far it will get ready. :)
Last Edit: 2 months 1 day ago by Orpheus Team.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Some functions to implement 1 month 2 weeks ago #4

  • Orpheus Team
  • Orpheus Team's Avatar
  • Offline
  • New Member
  • Posts: 5
And one more wish. Please add letteral note name on keyboard in parentesis. Key - 28 (E0)
Last Edit: 1 month 2 weeks ago by Orpheus Team.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Time to create page: 0.114 seconds