Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Vibrato and modulation

Vibrato and modulation 7 months 1 day ago #1

• Organist
I have a question about using vibrato (and other modulation stuff) in Polyphone.

When I add vibrato to an instrument or a preset in Polyphone, it seem to work fine. But if I load my soundfont in a Sf2-player, I hear no vibrato. The only way to get the right sound, is export the soundfont as a SFZ-file and play it with Plogue Sforzando. But I prefer using it as a Sf2. Am I doing something wrong? Or is the Sf2-format not suitable for vibrato and other modulators?

Regards,
Hans (from the Netherlands)
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Vibrato and modulation 7 months 1 day ago #2

• Davy
  • Administrator
  • Organ enthusiast and creator of Polyphone
  • Thank you received: 46
The sound engine embedded in Polyphone should reproduce accurately the sound of the presets except for the modulators defined here: www.polyphone-soundfonts.com/en/document...he-instruments/132#3 (this has not been implemented yet).
You may check with FluidSynth (Swami is using it) if the vibrato is right, I consider this software as a reference.
If only the other sf2-player provides no vibrato, you may send them a bug report.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Organist

Vibrato and modulation 7 months 23 hours ago #3

• Organist
The problem might be solved! My soundfont player (Phenome) seems not being able to play vibrato and other modulations. Neither does Saffron Soundfontplayer. RGC Audio SFZ(+) and Jeskola XS-1 do te job right.

Regards,
Hans

Vibrato and modulation 6 months 4 weeks ago #4

• Alex C
  • Thank you received: 2
Did you mean "software vibrato" or specific samples used for vibrato separately?

Vibrato and modulation 6 months 4 weeks ago #5

• Organist
Hi Alex C!

I mean the vibrato options you can edit in Polyphone's instrument or preset screen, like "Vib LFO Delay", "Vib LFO freq" and "Vib LFO pitch".

Regards,
Hans
Time to create page: 0.051 seconds