2022-03-05 17:31 - Edit on GitHub
The page for editing the general information is displayed when the header General is selected in the tree. This page is made of three kinds of elements:
- editable fields,
- general information that are not editable,
- statistics about the soundfont.
The editing page of the general information provides fields for changing the following attributes:
- This is the internal name of the soundfont, which does not necessarily have to do with the file name.
- Relates to the author name of the soundfont.
- Creation date of the file.
- Product for which is designed the soundfont.
- Mention to fill if the file is subject to copyright.
- Information not included in any of the previous categories.
- Kind of samples
- Indicates whether the samples are stored with a 16-bit or 24-bit resolution. Please note that 24-bit samples may not be supported in some synthesizers.
The editing page of the general information comprises the following non-editable information:
- Soundfont version
- Version of the sf2 format used by the file.
- ROM name and version
- Name and version of a sample ROM if used.
- Sound engine
- Name of a sound engine.
- Editing software
- Editing software used for the soundfont creation.
- File name
- Address and name of the file.
- File size
- Size of the soundfont after it is saved.
A count is made on:
- the number of samples and unused samples,
- the number of instruments and unused instruments,
- the number of presets,
- the number of parameters and modulators edited for the instruments,
- the number of parameters and modulators edited for the presets.
Unused samples and instruments can be easily removed with the tool “Remove unused elements”.
Note: The number of 65536 parameters in the instruments and the presets should not be exceeded. Some synthesizers may not be adapted to read them all.